The tenth edition of the Obsession blends the previous Obsession and Obsession Pro into one freestyle machine.
This means that we made this kite work perfectly with either four or five lines!
The Obsession MK10 will now provide for all who want to jump huge, loop like a boss or want to unhook till their arms fall off.
No compromises were made on the shape and characteristics that distinguish this true freestyle machine.
Nor did we leave anything to chance while putting the entire structure of the kite under intense scrutiny.
The Obsession MK10 is a pure, fine tuned, C-shaped kite, designed to be precise, powerful, or very neutral when needed.
The shape of the kite is similar to the previous Obsession Pro MK3.
We did however adjust the struts position
and angle to help the kite rotate better on the surface of the water, which increases relaunch.
But the most exciting and notable change to the new MK10
is that we made this kite work perfectly with either four or five lines!
For those who want a pure freestyle 5-line kite but prefer the benefits of a 4-line,
this kite will surely exceed your expectations.
In this setting, the kite turns faster, increases the depower range,
provides more lift, more hang time, and is easier to relaunch.
The 4 line MK10, is ideal for those who decide to dedicate themselves to the freestyle discipline
without having to fully commit to a 5-line set up for the hardcore unhooked freestyle or wakestyle disciplines.
Do you want to take your riding to the next level, see your name on top of the leaderboards, be the local hero,
demolish personal records, constantly chasing progression, or maybe all of the above?
Then you’re ready to step up your game and find your new Obsession…MK10!
RRD Obsession Specs
– Size: 5m2, Wind Range: 20 / 37.
– Size: 6m2, Wind Range: 18 / 32.
– Size: 7m2, Wind Range: 16 / 28.
– Size: 9m2, Wind Range: 14 / 24.
– Size: 10.5m2, Wind Range: 12 / 22.
– Size: 13.5m2, Wind Range: 10 / 18.
– Size: 15m2, Wind Range: 9 / 16.
WIND RANGE in Knots for a kiter of 75 Kgs of weight.
RRD Obsession Range of Use
– (New) C shaped leading edge design with the choice between a 4 or 5 line set-up!
It comes out of the bag with a 4line bridle set-up, which is easily converted to a 5 line set-up.
(Comes standard with the kite as well, you just need a 5 line bar then.)
– (New) Redesigned Quick Airflow Valve:
A singular point, one way, air flow valve, inflation and deflation system with a special moulded protection cap.
This new valve has a smaller diameter and pliable base
that allows the perfect leading edge shape and adds to the lifespan of the kite.
– (New) Additional strut reinforcements: all struts are reinforced with Kevlar stitched to the ends which reduce abrasion
and the new design also prevents sand from getting into the kite.
The middle strut includes Kevlar and an additional layer of Dacron because it suffers the most on impacts.
– (New) Multi Point line settings: multiple points of connection provide a multitude of adjustments
to the flying characteristics of the kite such as depower, bar pressure, turning speed, and turning radius.
These changes affect jumping, kite loops, slack, drift, and water relaunch.
– New strut positioning and strut angle for an even better relaunch.
– (New) Techno Force™ Double Ripstop which is a high density fabric with a tear stopping structure
that is constructed with a high tensioning double polyester yarn.
This material does not only add to the strength and longevity of our kites,
but it also improves the stability and the flying characteristics without adding weight.
Internal and external extra reinforcements on every leading edge panel,
to secure a long lasting stitching and a rigid connection.
– Radial Canopy reinforcements around the trailing edge of the kite,
are positioned in a way that intersects the Techno Force Double Ripstop.
This not only increases strength and durability on sensitive areas
but also compliments the torsion placed on the kite,
thus improving the overall flying characteristics.
– Bridle anti tangle device, which is a small batten that connects from the trailing edge to the leading edge
that prevents the bridles from wrapping around the wingtip during launching or water relaunching.
It also allows for storage of the bridles when packing the equipment after a session.