''FREERIDE / WAVE / BIG AIR''
The Passion MK9 is the benchmark of a high performance, 3 strut, Freeride, Wave and Big Air kite,
impressing everyone from entry level riders to experts. The MK9 still delivers pure, predictable power, paired with amazing stability.
This ‘new best thing’ is a fantastic kite for all-round freeride, wave, big air,
and freestyle progression that provides a perfect blend of turning speed, handling, and jumping ability.
One of the important differences between most of the classic freeride kites
on the market is that the Passion MK9 has 3 struts instead of five.
The reduction of two struts translates into a lighter kite with more maneuverability and an increased low-end.
Expect increased performance and all-round use from this kite due to the changes made to the MK9.
This year we have lowered the aspect ratio, shortened the bridles,
and removed all four of the pulleys that were on the MK8; that’s a total of zero!
This kite will respond immediately to input and provides direct feedback throughout the more rounded, faster turns.
The MK9 is re-designed, refined, and has redefined the durability of its predecessor, the Passion MK8.
The bar pressure is now lighter, it flies more on the front lines and the kite has slightly less grunt,
which is compensated by the increased speed.
At RRD, we pride ourselves in providing the highest quality product without cutting corners.
Every individual kite size has a customised leading edge diameter.
For the smaller sizes, we accomplished maximum rigidity to handle extreme conditions whereas the larger sizes
are focused on a LE diameter that has the perfect balance between weight, stiffness, and air penetration.
But wait, there’s more! Relaunching is easier, even in low wind conditions.
It is extremely predictable because the gradually changing power while sheeting is coupled with consistent bar pressure.
And due to the increased speed and stability, the MK9 provides an abundance of addicting lift that will generate some huge airs!
If there is one kite that will transcend the boundaries from beginner to expert, this is our solution towards excellence through your Passion.
- New 3-strut construction with additional reinforcements. - Leading edge seam protection.
- Quick air flow valve with protection cap. - 45degrees Leading edge reinforcements panels. - Bridle anti-tangle device.
- Radial reinforcements. - 3m version for schools.
- Size: 3m2 (School Kite), Wind Range: 6 / 35.
- Size: 5m2, Wind Range: 18 / 35.
- Size: 7m2, Wind Range: 15 / 30.
- Size: 9m2, Wind Range: 13 / 25.
- Size: 10.5m2, Wind Range: 12 / 24.
- Size: 12m2, Wind Range: 11 / 22.
- Size: 13.5m2, Wind Range: 9 / 18.
- Size: 15m2, Wind Range: 8 / 15.
- Size: 17m2, Wind Range: 7 / 12.
WIND RANGE in Knots for a kiter of 75 Kgs of weight.